- Confidential Oil & Gas Co.
- Preparation for data collection of scheduled sampling events,
- Defining field data collection protocols and specifications,
- Coordinating field and laboratory data compilation,
- Streamline laboratory analytical data uploads,
- Organize groundwater, EDD, Fluids and wells data all in one central database.
An Oil and Gas client is involved in a remediation project that involves post-closure care of the facility and treatment of groundwater for benzene. For the purpose of site clean-up and prevention of substantial risk to people or environment, it becomes crucial to manage various environmental data. It can be a challenge to properly manage the massive amount of data being generated and make sense out of the complex relationships present in the data itself. Final product was an evergreen GIS system that allows the user to review benzene contamination plumes over time. The GIS was linked to associated reports, logs, graphs and drawings which allowed the user to quickly retrieve historical reports on a given asset on the ground.
Scope of Services
- Upload and share data on SharePoint,
- Developing scripts and queries for data upload and update,
- Identifying potential technical data issues and provide inputs to resolve them,
- Generating automated reporting through informative charts, trend analysis reporting.
- Tessellations introduced the clients to Digital pen technology which is being used in field to speed up the workflow and reduce risk by bypassing data transcription from paper and other cumbersome interfaces.
- Quick turn data reporting to comply with project expectations including output to GIS.
- Introduced the concept of an “Evergreen GIS” which was then adopted to several other projects.