- Confidential Oil & Gas Co.
- Answering Support Calls,
- Providing solutions to analytical issues,
- Optimizing workflows and upgrading software,
- Need based training,
- Technical documentation.
An Oil & Gas client requested full time GIS technical support assistance in-house. The personnel on this position will serve as a primary point of contact for GIS Support questions within the company. The personnel will also assist off-loading some of the burden from other company locations GIS Support questions.
Scope of Services
- Answer support calls for ‘how to’ GIS questions
- Providing solutions to complex analytical issues and Optimizing workflows
- Assisting in creating and automating workflows for different user groups
- Assistance in data exchange by conversions and transformations to facilitate users of various GIS programs. This may involve ArcGIS, Global Mapper, FME etc.
- One on one ArcGIS training for beginners; Create and deliver hands on workshops on specific topics
- Creating need based one pagers, how to notes for long term reference
- Troubleshooting ArcGIS software install issues, testing ArcGIS suite and extensions
- Assisting during the time of GIS software upgrade or roll-out in the company
- Participate in IT/GIS meetings for brain storming software rollout or for solutions to complex projects
- Provide documentation on new procedures and best practices
- Tessellations currently provide in-house GIS Technical Support personnel full-time