- Confidential Oil & Gas Co.
- Conducting Needs assessment and developing QA/QC requirements
- Data Cataloging
- Data management and continual enhancement
- Integrating data into GIS environment
An oil and gas client requested an automated workflow for managing linear data collected by vendors for asset management and project operations around the world. Deliverables produced by vendors included surveys for existing and purposed oil and gas pipelines and seismic line data. Tessellations automated process analyzed incoming data on numerous criteria and compared the spatial footprint to existing and previously collected data to the individual line level. In addition, the workflow performed QA/QC (e.g., metadata checks, attribute checks, spatial reference conflicts) to ensure deliverables meet specifications. In case if data did not meet the specifications or for any other discrepancies in the workflow, the data would be flagged in log files and the workflow operator is notified. The final component of the workflow loads processed data on to the client’s SDE environment with the requested attributes and tables.
Scope of Services
- Cataloging of incoming data
- Procedure for identifying overlapping line geometry and for comparing line name to existing records
- Conduct a needs assessment with key users and aid in developing QA/QC requirements
- Data management procedures and continual enhancements of client’s geodatabases
- Working with other vendors to integrate their data into the GIS environment
- Tessellations workflow enabled the client to have an efficient QAQC and data loading process saving.